Wednesday 14 October 2009

Message:From: Mick Turley

I'm not telling you my age but left Pusser in 1972 as CRS(W) - started life as (S) rating - Russian linguist but fell foul of the Mercury Mafia and remained a Golly - and proud of it !Various ships - Diana, Victorious, Barrosa, FEWU in Kranji which I closed down.
Two years on FOST staff as sea rider before stagnating in Mercury before I retired from RN.

Seen several names I recognise - Tony Colboure, Trevor Toy.

It seems the branch really expanded technically after I Left - not before time.

Anyone old enough to remember me - put a dit on the blog spot.

RegardsMick Turley

3 comments:

  1. Victory.....Jan 1958
    Mercury.....Feb 1958
    Kranji......Nov 1959-Apr 1961, Dec 1963-Jan 1966
    Flew to Gib to join my first ship Corruna, nearly sunk by Barrosa, lost all my kit, jackstayed transfer to Corruna to complete the Exercise. Remember spending some time at RAF Tangmere, they table cloths on the tables.
    John Tomkins ja.tomkins@blueyonder.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paddy O'Keeffe25/10/10 10:47 pm

    Hello Mick,
    We were on the same RS(W) course. The others were 'Polly Perkins' and 'Nobby Clarke'. I came out as a CRS(W) in 1967. Do you remember?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paddy O'Keeffe25/10/10 10:49 pm

    pandiok@eircom.net

    ReplyDelete