Sunday 5 December 2010

History of Radio Warfare and Electronic Warfare in the Royal Navy, 1900 ~ 1990

Gentlemen,

As you may know I am attempting to author a history of radio warfare
and electronic warfare in the Royal Navy, 1900 ~ 1990 because I can
find no record of it having been previously attempted, and the Defence
Electronic History Society endorses the activity.

I am now quite a long way down stream and I am looking for interesting
stories, anecdotes, pictures, even cartoons to help liven up the
subject matter. I am tending to lean towards ex-EW appointed Officers
and senior EW branch ratings because you were so important to the
development of the branch especially during the 1970s & 80s when it
was coming out of its reformed shell of 1963.

I know some of you wore light blue uniforms, but perhaps you also have
a yarn or two that might make the difference and that is also true of
industrial friends who built the RN's EW kit, notwithstanding
financial constraints and the bickering of ex-WOs like me!

Thanking you all for your recent contacts and in anticipation

Best regards

John Wise
http://www.radars.org.uk/
info@radars.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment